Vote Now: BTB Destination of the Year Award 2019
by MyBelize.Net | September 3, 2019 8:38 am
The Belize Tourism Board’s National Tourism Awards are coming up in October and for the first time, a popular vote will determine which corner of the Jewel is favorite.
To say the least, it’s a tough choice, but we’ll go through the nominees for you:
- Corozal is the northernmost town and district and gateway to Mexico, but it carries its own authentic Yucatec Maya and Mestizo culture, as well as East Indian. A day by the beach or visiting Cerros and Santa Rita works out fine.
- Caye Caulker is the island of ‘Go Slow,’ home to picturesque seas and lots of activity on the beach side, in the nightclubs, or wherever you meet it.
- Placencia is probably the most popular, positioned between the pristine cayes including Harvest Caye and the nearby preserves and reserves.
- Orange Walk is “Sugar City,” “Tacos Town” and the gateway to Lamanai and the north.
- Belmopan has its own charms – compact, open and a base for seeing much of the eastern and central Cayo District including the Belize Zoo, St. Herman’s Cave, ATM, Guanacaste Park and other attractions.
- Dangriga is the “Culture Capital” but also the heart of Belize’s southern agricultural belt – citrus, bananas and others.
- Belize City / Belize Rural is the home of our history – St. John’s Cathedral, Government House, the Downtown, Altun Ha, the River Valley, Gales Point and Freetown Sibun.
- San Ignacio / Santa Elena is the gateway to the West – Cahal Pech, Caracol, the bustling market and the Mennonite outpost of Spanish Lookout as well.
- Hopkins / Sittee River is a Garifuna outpost with a top class beach and grounding for nearby attractions like the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- San Pedro really needs no introduction; let’s just say it’s the closest thing to paradise on earth.
- Benque Viejo is the entry to Xunantunich and Guatemala.
- Toledo is the home of cacao, the last outposts of the Maya and Punta Gorda (P.G.)
You can vote here once a day until September 26th, so feel free to share the link with friends and family!
Source: Breaking Belize News
- [Image]: https://belizetourismboard.org/programs-events/vote-for-destination-of-the-year_01/
- vote here: https://belizetourismboard.org/programs-events/vote-for-destination-of-the-year_01/
- Breaking Belize News: https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2019/09/02/vote-for-destination-of-the-year/
Source URL: https://www.mybelize.net/vote-now-btb-destination-of-the-year-award-2019/
Copyright ©2019 MyBelize.Net unless otherwise noted.