This is a summary of Statutory Instrument No. 85 of 2020 which comes into effect today, Friday, June 12, 2020.
In essence, the following now apply:
- curfew is still imposed and in effect for the entire country for BOTH Adults and Minors, 16 years and under from:
- Sunday to Thursday from 10:00 p.m. to 4:59 a.m.
- Friday to Saturday from 12:00 a.m. to 4:59 a.m.
- exercise is allowed at any time outside established curfew hours;
- all sporting activities are allowed EXCEPT for competitive sporting events;
- gyms and spas are now allowed to open;
- every business or service can operate EXCEPT:
- Discos, bars, rum shops, and nightclubs.
- Daycare centers, childcare centers, nurseries and other similar establishments or businesses.
- all public pools, beaches and rivers are OPEN to the public;
- a person CAN host or attend:
- A private party of no more than 100 persons which can include persons living outside the household;
- A recreational event of not more than 100 persons;
- A wedding which has more than 100 persons;
- A banquet or reception;
- Any social event;
- A funeral which has more than 100 persons;
- A meeting of fraternal society, private or social club, or organization;
- every person traveling on public transportation MUST wear a face mask or nose and mouth covering for the duration of the journey;
- all ports of entry are and will remain closed for the purpose of travelling except for:
- Cargo flights, cargo shipments and Commercial courier flights;
- Emergency medical flights;
- Emergency flights approved by the Minister of National Security;
- all ports of entry into and out of Belize remain CLOSED;
Visit the Belize Press Office website for the full breakdown of the Statutory Instrument.