With the dawn of a new week, comes several pertinent changes in the regulations governed by Statutory Instrument (SI) 119/2020. Here’s a snapshot of the main points you may want to keep in mind:
- Curfew hours have been shortened as follows:
- Sunday to Thursday – 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday – 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Children under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian after 6:00 p.m.
- All those wishing to exercise (walking or running) must do so 6 feet apart.
- All cyclists must ride in single file.
- All casinos remain closed.
- No recreational contact sports allowed at this time.
- All places of business MUST close one (1) hour before curfew to allow workers time to get home.
- All businesses are to close at 7:00 p.m. from Sunday to Thursday
- All businesses are to close at 9:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
- NOTE: If your Government issued trade license dictates that you close before 9:00 p.m. on a Friday or Saturday then your business should be closed at the time your trade license stipulates. If the trade license dictates that your business closes at 8:00 p.m. then you are to close your business at 8:00 p.m. If the trade license dictates that your business closes at 12:00 midnight, then you are to close your business at 9:00 p.m.
- All persons casually riding motorcycles or bicycles must now wear a mask.
- Every person must practice social distancing, even in the workplace, but if you are in a workplace that does not allow for safe social distancing, then it is imperative that you wear a mask.
- No more than ten (10) persons are allowed at any given time in social gatherings.
- No more than ten (10) personas are allowed at a table inside a restaurant at any given time. Each person MUST be at least 6 feet apart from each other and tables must also be at least six (6) feet apart.
The entire updated SI can be found here.